Monday, February 21, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket..

..A Little Wire Basket!

I thought it might be fun to crochet up something a bit different from jewelry, and decided on a making a wire basket.

Though this basket did not take too much time to make and was pretty simple (once I got the starter dimensions right), it took an immense amount of wire to create such a small item... a majority of my 40 yard spool of wire, in fact!

But I must admit that it was quite fun to make and to see come together. Though it is a small basket, I decided it would be a perfect size to hold business cards for a fun and unique display.












Click here to see my instructions on how to make this crochet wire basket





Unique crochet ideas and  inspirations
Baskets & Bowls in Crochet       Uncommon Crochet: Twenty-Five Projects Made from Natural Yarns and Alternative Fibers

1 comment: