Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting Lost in Crochet Wire Creations


I have recently found out about crochet wire jewelry. I have enjoyed many years of crochet and have also had an interest in making jewelry, but did not come across a style that really captivated me until I found this.


I believe that this might be my niche. When I pick up some wire and a crochet hook, creations seem to form themselves. I have many ideas that I want to try crochet wire for and am considering making this my entrepreneur venture. But for now, I have been making simple necklaces and bracelets, such as these seen here.


The necklace above has a thin ribbon woven through the crochet stitches to accent the wire, crochet pendant and beads.


Some of the bracelets are a simple single crochet row, while others have two single crochet rows twisted around one another.


To see more of my work, please visit the gallery page!



My first inspirations to crochet with wire came from books like these:

Crochet with Wire    Twist and Loop: Dozens of Jewelry Designs to Knit and Crochet with Wire    Crocheted Wire Jewelry: Innovative Designs & Projects by Leading Artists (Lark Jewelry Books)   

Wire Jewelry: Crocheted, Knitted, Twisted and Beaded         Crochet Wire & Bead Jewelry (Leisure Arts #3962)      Elegant Wire And Bead Crochet Jewelry 







No comments:

Post a Comment